Search This Blog

11 March 2011

“I like it when a flower or a little tuft of grass grows through a crack in the concrete. It's so f--kin' heroic.” - George Carlin

So today I got to really get down and dirty.  With a pair of yellow gloves and some warm and fuzzy sweats I started the daunting task of tearing up long dried grass.... now after looking at the pictures it seems like not much needs to be done... or that in the end not much was done. My only form of proof is the stack of almost hay like grass that I piled up in a corner.  About half way through my work today I was given some useful tools by the friendly neighbors who probably believe that I am nuts. . Anyway I will leave you today with some picture. :)
I took this yesterday.  In the picture it doesn't seem too bad, but there is actually a loooot of tall grass that is pretty much just flattened down and random piles of trash here and there. Sprucing is all it takes. :)
This is at the end of today. It doesn't look like much has changed but a close up will show the pile I've created.


One of the 2 fun tools my neighbor let me borrow to aid in my work efforts. (the other was a pitchfork hehehe)

This gives a little bit of perspective of what I accomplished today. If there is one thing I learned in theatre school is the usefullness of scale... that is a regular sized vollyball next to my pile - to offer a bit of scale. (plus the bag is stuffed)

No comments:

Post a Comment