Search This Blog

10 March 2011

"The Earth Laughs In Flowers.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

I love flowers.  A bouquet of fresh flowers never fails to bring a smile to my face.  Although the thought for this project occured to me a few times before I think it was the gift of flowers - a beautiful hand picked gathering, received for Festa della Donna (Women's Day), was really what reinvigorated my idea to take the tiny piece of land that is available to me and turn it into a little garden, perhaps a rose garden if I can.  I am no green thumb and efforts attempted at my childhood home have failed before, but I think this time around the small plot will give me a more concentrated area.  Now keep in mind it is not in a horrible state.  I just needs a good amout of sprucing up, clearing out the weeds and tall grass that has died over the cold winter and clearing out some of the junk that has found its way into some of the corners of the yard.  All in all I am excited to being this project. A little bit of sunlight and some love is all this little patch of earth needs to be a wonderful little piece of happiness and laughter of the nature and human kind. :)

~~~3<@

No comments:

Post a Comment